Korea and Japan Trip 2017 #16 - Robot Restaurant

13:23

Akihabara is perfect when it comes to Cosplay stores but we couldn't find the one we were looking for, so we asked a young woman and she brought us all the way there. The wanted Nier Automata costume was nowhere to be found but we discovered the Square Enix Café by surprise. Good chance to buy all the expensive Final Fantasy merchandise! Here, take all my money!

Around noon we headed to Shinjuku to meet my friend, Takashi, and check out the Robot Restaurant everyone was talking about. Holy bananamilk! This was the most craziest shit I have ever seen! However, if you like crazy stuff (and I mean reeeeally crazy) then you should definitively check it out!

We enjoyed the show very much but Takashi was rather bewildered. He said it's probably more of a tourist attraction than something locals would visit. "I feel like I am the tourist here", he laughed and in fact, except of him and a hand full of other Japanese looking guys, everyone seemed to be from the Western countries.


Let me clarify one thing first: It's NOT really a restaurant! It's a live show but they serve bento boxes for an extra 1.000 yen (but that must be booked beforehand and paid before the show) as well as some popcorn, drinks and stuff like that but it's really expensive and not worth it. It's better for you to eat somewhere else before coming here.

Since I've seen far too many weird stuff about Japan, I wasn't too surprised with the concepts and props BUT I was surely surprised at how messy and random everything was. Soooo random that at times I couldn't just help but laugh at how lively everyone and everything was.
Without a doubt, it was a very entertaining show for me.

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

Blah Blah

Trakt.TV

Seythan