Korea and Japan Trip 2016 #3 - Lotte World

11:39

I remember watching one of the earlier episodes of Running Man in that they had this night special episode at Lotte World - the so called world's largest indoor theme park. Since I love theme parks I told myself to go there as soon as possible.

Fortunately Lotte World has a good connection to Jamsil Station. We found it in no time by following the signages. Actually Lotte World consists of malls, movie theaters, museum, hotel and the indoor and outdoor theme park. I guess I forgot half of it.

We bought a Full Day Passport each (46,000 won) which allowed us to use all the rides throughout the whole theme park, in and outdoor. I don't know if this is the common way in Korea but I found it a bit bothersome to show your ticket in front of every single ride. Imagine you lose your Full Day thing, which is pretty expensive, you have no other choice but to pay for each ride. However, I am probably too focused on the German theme parks in that you usually buy a ticket in order to enter the park and then leave it in your bag for the rest of the day.

As we entered the park we found this huge ice skating rink right in the middle. Later on that day we watched some pros during their training and some noobs failing to even stand on the ice - just like I would.

Just like every theme park Lotte World has a Fantasy Parade as well with cars and dancers in various kinds of costumes. I liked the Alice in Wonderland part the best.

Inside the indoor theme park, there was a trick eye museum. It was quite fun to pose in front of all those art works. You should definitively check it out. It's part of the theme park and free, so why not?!


Honestly, there's nothing much inside the theme park. If you're looking for more thrilling rides you should check the outdoor part. I believe it was called "Magic Island" or something like that. It felt a bit like Disneyland when we first saw Lotte World's castle, haha. 
The outside park is, compared to the indoor thing, so much more exciting. I think it was designed for the more grown-ups while the indoor park is more for the younger ones. Too bad one of the roller coasters didn't work for us. Due to some modification measures we were not allowed to enter even with our Full Day Pass. They told us to download an app in order to go on the ride. Unfortunately the free WiFi was awfully slow. We managed to install the app but when we did, it said there's no free ride available anymore. GAAH~!

All in all Lotte World was nice but I expected it to be more like... WOAH! Also, I personally think the admission fee for a Full Day Pass was too expensive since there were some rides you had to pay extra, like the horror thing somewhere in the middle of the indoor park.

We arrived back at the hostel in the late evening and spent some time drinking Asahi beer and playing board games like "the Settlers". Got the 2nd place!

By the way, is there any kind of korean beer that is well known or better that Koreans like to drink? Because all we found was japanese or dutch beer. Beside Soju and Makgeolli there wasn't anything left, haha.

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

Blah Blah

Trakt.TV

Seythan