Write your name in Korea

12:17

It's only 9 days left until I'll leave for my vacation in South Korea and Japan. It's my first time being in Asia and my first time being on a f*cking plane! I must be crazy to choose such a long distance flight as my first one but I've been dreaming of this ever since I was a kid, so yeah! Nothing can stop me!

A couple of months ago, while I was looking for some nice spots in Korea on the internet, I stumbled upon a picture that caught my eye. It said "Write your name in Korea" and left me kind of confused. When I clicked the link to check what's the meaning behind this, I found out that this was actually a great marketing campaign by ImagineYourKorea in order to increase the number of tourists.

There was a chance for everyone that was interested to engrave their own name on a road in Korea, just like the names of those famous movie stars on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood. I took this chance but almost forgot about all this when I got an e-mail a couple of months ago saying that my name got engraved on the road called Sang Sang Gil / 상상길.


A whole of 23.000 names of tourists from all over the world are now shown in public and I am eager to find mine among them all. Thanks god, there's a book at Changdong Art Center that tells me where I can find it without searching for days.

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. and then you're going to take a million selfies after you found your name!

    AntwortenLöschen

Popular Posts

Blah Blah

Trakt.TV

Seythan