My Top Drama of 2015

14:33

Nowadays, you get flooded by all the asian dramas out there and it gets more and more difficult to decide which one is worth watching and which one is not. To be honest, I, as a graphic and design person, usually pick one by it's cover. This is actually the same as choosing the next book you want to read. The cover catches your eye first. If it doesn't feel outstanding to you, you probably won't read the plot, right? So after looking at the cover and reading the plot, some people might take a look at the actors and actresses but for me this is usually irrelevant. As long as their acting is good, I don't care about who's on screen and who's not. If an actress or actor convinces me, I'll go and check if there is some drama in her or his filmography that attracts me.

There have been a lot of great dramas. Well, at least I heard. Truth is, I've watched many dramas past year but only few were from 2015. So if you go on, I am just naming the ones I've watched myself and that are actually from 2015.

One of the dramas I've seen is Dakara Koya (JDrama), which is about a housewife (Suzuki Kyouka) that leaves her family behind due to various kind of reasons. The start was promising but after two or three episodes I felt really bored. Don't expect too much from this since it's just about watching a housewife whine about her family life, while her family whines about her. The old man (Shinagawa Toru) has his cute moments but most of the time I felt annoyed since he keeps on telling the same stories over and over again. Same goes for Takahashi Issei who plays the role of a young idiotic man that happens to meet Suzuki Kyouka by accident. All in all this was no good drama for me.

Another JDrama of 2015 is Ghost Writer. It is about a novelist (Miki Nakatani) who cannot come up with another bestseller so she decides to hire a talented ghostwriter (Asami Mizukawa). Well this one really catched my attention since I am working on my own novel for quite a while now and watching this really brought up some "Ah, I see!" moments. The two main actresses did a great job and Miura Shouhei was quite good as a supporting character. However, it had it's shocking moments but I wouldn't say it was one of the best dramas in 2015. I've seen better but still worth watching if you're interested in writing.




My favorite drama of 2015 is... Producer! It's a KDrama about producers at KBS television network that always need to work on ideas for their next top variety show. The first episode is quite lame but you should give it a try. It gets better once you get used to it's style. Kim Soo Hyun is outstanding with his hilarious role of a new employee at KBS, while IU, Cha Tae Hyun and Gong Hyo Jin are a perfect match. Even Kim Jong Kook (Running Man) has small funny appearances every now and then. However, the length of the episodes are way too long (80-90 minutes each) which makes it hard to watch sometimes but other than that I really recommend this drama.

How about you? 
What's your favorite drama of 2015?

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. I don't think I've watched any Jdrama in 2015 but the Jdrama I liked tend to be the older ones, I think those were better written. For me, the story matters the most then the acting. Currently I think the jdrama "Mother" made quite an impression on me.

    AntwortenLöschen

Popular Posts

Blah Blah

Trakt.TV

Seythan